The Care Coordinator is part of the Kansas CARES (Coordinating and Assisting Reliable Enrollment Services) Project and will be responsible for outreach, education and coverage enrollment for individuals and small businesses in Marketplace insurance, CHIP, Medicaid, Medicare, and other safety net services. In addition, the position will be responsible for assisting in providing translation services to other community-based organizations, as needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide in person assistance with enrolling or re-enrolling in health insurance, CHIP, Medicaid, and Medicare to individuals and small businesses in service area.
- Meet with and educate individuals and small businesses about the types of health insurance programs offered.
- Assist potential enrollees with grievances, complaints or questions regarding their health coverage or a determination related to their coverage or safety-net services.
- Provide information in a fair and impartial manner which is culturally and linguistically appropriate and disability accessible.
- Provide transportation services to local residents.
- Remind potential participants of appointments through reminder postcards and calls, and track the reminder postcards and calls.
- Meet requirements set by funding sources and Thrive Allen County, including timely submission of project reports and all required data entry.
- Identify and establish collaboration with organizations and community sites for client recruitment and referral.
- Serve as a liaison between communities and healthcare agencies.
- Advocate for individual and community health by providing guidance and social assistance to residents.
- Enhance residents’ ability to communicate effectively with healthcare providers.
- Provide referral and follow-up services.
- Proactively identify and enroll eligible individuals in federal, state, local, private, or nonprofit health and human services programs.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of working experience required. Some college education with 1 year of working experience, preferred.
- Ability to use common office software (Word, Excel, Power Point) and cloud-based software.
- Demonstrated commitment to assuring healthcare access to the medically underserved, especially the poor and uninsured.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Independent and good team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
- Ability to work with people of all social, economic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional manner.
- Outgoing, friendly personality who enjoys working with the public.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Thrive is an EOE.
- Compensation and Benefits: $18.27/hour. Hourly position with medical and dental benefits and 100% of premiums paid by employer, IRA with 3% employer match, 120 hours of paid vacation a year and 10 paid holidays.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must pass background check.
- Thrive places a high priority on team players and community-minded individuals.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Thrive is Hiring for a Bilingual Care Coordinator2022-08-012022-08-01http://thriveallencounty.org/media/thrivelogo-280×156.pngThrive Allen Countyhttp://thriveallencounty.org/media/istock-1327589074-scaled.jpg200px200px
#Thrive #Hiring #Bilingual #Care #Coordinator #Thrive #Allen #County